This lecture was held for Ableton User Group 08.July .2015 in Berlin by moritz simongeist from Sonic Robots.
How to make Techno – with robots! (Lecture, 120min or longer)
The artist group „Sonic Robots“, led by and robotic musician Moritz Simon Geist, present performances where electronic music is created live by … Robots!
In this talk, Moritz will give an insight look into the world of robotic noisery, acoustic robots and music hardware techniques. He will present some of his instruments.
The first part of this talk provides an overview of the different concepts and approaches for robotic musical instruments. The second part deals with the technical implementation in software, electronics and mechanics.
The following topics will be discussed in detail:
• Why it is good to be a music hacker and why it is bad to use presets
• Where robotic music came from and where it could envolve to
• Explanation of common robotic techniques
• Controlling mechanical latencies
• Capturing sound without microphones
• Structure and electric control, Arduino, Power
• Mechanical parts, actuators and 3D Printing
File under: #madscience #bass #robots
“Sonic Robots is treating some important questions of the future, like
the perception of technology, the robotization of society or the
artificial intelligence, but still comes in a very playful and
entertaining way: through electronic music.” (Alain Bieber, ARTE)