In May 2015 we played at the ICAS Festival in Dresden (DE) with our Installation Glitch Robot – “Glitch Robot” connects mechanical, visible movements to audible sound by using small sound-producing robots.
Also its the first time our 14-camera Live video system is shown.
From the 27.12.till 30.12.2014 the 31C3 Hacker Congress in Hamburg invited us to present our Interactive Drum Robot Installation MR-808. And .. it was a blast! The annual congress connects both hackers, techie nerds and politic activists to form a alien-like surrounding in the huge CCH Congress Center in hamburg. The event is totally advertisement and sponsorship free, and only funded by the 10.000 to 12.000 participants which came this year.
We were setting up our (more…)
Mouse On Mars, Tyondai Braxton, Sonic Robots: “Off Sea” Live at the 21 AGAIN Festival the 30.11.2014 HAU Berlin.
Tape.tv and Ray Ban (yes – sun glasses!) recently made a bright documentation about the moritz and the MR-808 for their Envision series. You gain insight in to the workshop and see a part of a concert with Science Fiction Children at the Eliopamanoke in Leipzig. Shiny!
From 22.03. – 23.03 we were invited to perform with our drum robot installation MR-808 at the B-Seite Festival 2013 in Mannheim, a mid-scale festival for VJ Culture. I have to confess that I localized the VJ-culture so far in a non-arts, clubby context as an accessory part to a DJ. I was convinced of the opposite.
The non-commercial festival features in its 6th edition different kinds of visual arts, with a focus on VJ-culture, but also computer-Art, interactive installations and AV-Performances.
The festival’s main spot is the Zeitraumexit in Mannheim just in front of the Pop Akademie. The Festival timetable consists of a loose combination of showcases, installations, workshops and parties, and has a lot of friendly details like the sleazy and cosy hotel in 70th style (including the smoking desk lady or the ashtreys in every room).
In the following I’ll grab some of the events I saw, that interested me the most.
The most impressing visuals we saw were presented at a small talk by Franz Aumüller, a visual artist who worked together with Brian Eno and Kraftwerk. The talk “Der Absolute Film – the roots of visual music” illuminated the works of Hans and Oskar Fischinger both visual artists who worked in the early 20s.
- 12. Apr.2018, Angers, (F), Musée des Beaux Arts
- 15-19.Apr.2018, Nancy, (F), Grand Nancy
- 27. Apr 2018, Gijón (ES), L.E.V. Festival
- 11. May 2018, Geneve [CH], Mapping Festival
- 12. May 2018, Luxembourg [LU], Rockhal, 24 Heures Electroniques
- 18. May 2018, Durham, NC [US], Moog Festival
- 22. May 2018, Turku [FIN], TBA
- 02. June 2018, München, Knobs & Wires Festival
- 21. June 2018, Berlin, Tech Open Air
- 28-30. June 2018, Madrid [ES], Prado Medialab
- 07. July 2018, Dresden [DE], Objekt Klein A, Record Release Show
- 27. July 2018, Berlin [DE], Krake Festival, Record Release Show
- 17. Aug. 2018, Funkhaus Berlin, Michelberger Music Week w/ Mouse On Mars
- 24. Aug. 2018, Hamburg [DE], Elbphilharmonie w/ Mouse On Mars
- 29. Sept 2018, Strasbourg [FR], White Line Festival
- New Showreel Video!
- Tourdiary: Mutek barcelona
- Video Tour Diary – Tokio
- Sonic Robots – Moscow Tourvideo